Old November 9th 11, 04:10 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Scott Dorsey

Default BMW E39 weird engine noise

In article >,
bigbmwman > wrote:
>I have a 99 E39 that has this weird noise at the front of the engine.
>I changed all pulleys. Changed the water pump And still the noise is
>there. I want to think its is coming from the alternator or power
>steering pump but I don't want to keep throwing more parts at the
>problem. I was wondering if anyone had this problem and solved it.
>There is a clip on youtube title "bmw e39 weird noise" that is exactly
>the same noise I am having... Please help

Well, why not post a reply to the fellow who put the video up asking if
he found out what it was? Youtube will allow you to do this.

If it were me I'd get a length of fuel hose, put it to my ear, and go
hunting around to find the source of the noise before I bought any parts.
--scott