Old February 6th 09, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Default VW powered generator

I believe that VW used to produce some aircooled engines for industrial use
like maybe for generators. These engines were designed to run for long
periods of time but only at certain speeds.
I think that there was something unique with both the carb and the camshaft.
One of my places had a batch of them to sell but this was decades ago. It
might have been Topline here in Chicago if I was going to guess which place.
I would probably recommend a VW Rabbit Diesel engine in your case.

Groban supply, also in Chicago, should be able to set you up with different
size generator parts or complete generators. If you are lucky they might
have some army surplus units. ;-)
--
later,
(One out of many daves)