Old November 10th 05, 02:51 AM
Whitelightning

Default [possible prolapsed tailshaft spline on GMS S-15 truck

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> How are the engine or tranny mounts? That implies to me the engine has
> shifted back.... Maybe the cause of the u-joint failure?

There is less than an inch between the front of the tranny mount and the
rear of the tranny pan. Shifting that far would result in a hole in the pan
(first hand knowledge here, daughter wrecked one of my S-10s, drove water
pump through timing cover, shoved drive train back, flange on crossmember
for mount did a nice job on the pan). To remove the pan requires unbolting
the mount from the tranny and then jacking the tranny up, and/or remove the
crossmember.

Whitelightning