Old August 21st 05, 09:27 PM
Dave Henrie

"Steve Blankenship" > wrote in
:

> Could've been me. Sorry if I caused you any injury!
>
> A snip from an RAS post of mine on looking at the bump-modeling via
> Motec:
>
> "if you crank the telemetry data sampling rate up all the way and take
> a good look at the suspension travel and damper velocities it appears
> there's something funky going on in there. I've seen instances of the
> suspension oscillating through a 12cm range (+/-6) in .05-second
> intervals in fairly low-speed sections of Spa, and that just looks off
> to me. Think about it; up and down 6cm, or 2& 1/4 inches, 20 times
> per second. That's a jackhammer on turbo-mode, not a shock absorber."

This has nothing to do with this thread,(suprise!) but it might be
interesting none-the-less.

Flipping channels last night I caught a bit of an old Nascar at Bristol
on ESPN Classic. The time frame looked to be around the days of thunder
time.
#3 was there, and Rusty had a black car, M Waltrip was still in the yellow
Kodak Pontiac.

Mark Martin hit the wall. Some time later, they had a pit report and the
showed a shock in two pieces. The bumps were so bad that Martin had pulled
the shock shaft/seal from the shock body. It was not damaged, just pulled
completely out of the shell of the shock absorber. (damper to Euro folk?)

Timely? Yes. Relevant? no. But dang wierd.

dave henrie