Old April 27th 13, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
ChrisKlinger

Default My odometer has lost its mind!

Jorge -
When I redid my '59/'60, I disassembled the speedo, fixed the odometer (and
reset it to 00000), and replaced the colored plastic for the
generator/oil/blinker lights. Never had a problem with it after that. Guess
putting a needle on shouldn't be too hard.

just can't picture - visualizing the odo gears - how it can turn a tens
place at the wrong time. There's only one tooth on each wheel to turn the
next one.

Chris