Old July 30th 10, 10:48 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_14_]

Default New motor....

"TonyB" > wrote in message

>>> It won't work on mine though, so I agree, it's not a clever computer!

>> You have to hold down the - and + buttons together for quite a while
>> before it says 'reset'. You have the newer interior version, right? With
>> the silver facings and the computer in the middle, above the radio?

> That's the one. I've tried holding the buttons in for over a minute and
> eventually
> the display reverts back to the INFO screen.
>
> By the way, what temp should show on the gauge?
> The handbook says the needle should be midway or vertical which
> corresponds to 90º, mine seems to be about 75º.

I asked about this a year back - mine rarely reaches the 90 degree mark. It
normally sits around 75 too. Has done this for 8 years, since new! No affect
on performance or consumption! Only time it ever goes over 90 is after a
decent motorway stretch, then a traffic queue. The fans kick in and you can
actually watch the needle come back down.

Mine is petrol 2.0 JTS though - did you say yours is diesel? Temps might be
different, I dunno - expert please...