Old September 22nd 05, 01:40 AM
Vash the Stampede

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:35:30 -0400, flobert wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:45:12 -0400, "Bob Palmer"
> > wrote:
>

>>I am from Pennsylvania, over here in the states, and I was wondering how
>>everyone in Europe gets along without driving a pickup. I never see any
>>pickups on the road over there whenever I watch "The Amazing Race" or news
>>stories involving Europe. Are we Americans addicted to pickups for no
>>reason? I know most American families survived without them during the '50s
>>and most of the '60s. I love small economical vehicles. I am amazed at the
>>different makes and models available to Europeans and not to the US market.
>>A majority of the vehicles over here that are on the road are gas guzzling
>>bricks on wheels.
>>

> BBC's top gear did a review of an F150 in the UK a few months back.
> Actually it was the F150 lightning, but still. Anyway
>
> Pro - 2/3 seats, qualified for commercial vehicle rates, large load
> area, car-like driving position
> cons - huge reletively unpowerfull engine, handles like ****, load
> area open.

Hmmmm....my boss had a Lightening and I asked for a 'ride', he said "Key's
in it" didn't have to tell ME twice.

I thought it was a pretty damn good truck for a '68 Corvette!
The fact that it handled that well and that fast amazed me.

> There are *some* pickups, but they're not common, mainly rangers and
> hi-lux (a downloadable clip on bbc.co.uk/topgear/ does show them
> trying to destroy a hi-lux pickup - a must watch)

I've actually seen that on US telly and on the web.

but the drop-side