Old September 4th 08, 12:21 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_3_]

Default HELP! Is It My Ignition Switch?.............

"EADGBE" > wrote in message

> I am having a weird problem with my 1996 Mustang GT.
>
> Over the past year, I have installed a new battery, alternator, and
> starter (two of them), cleaned and lubricated the ignition lock
> cylinder, AND checked all of the related wiring in an attempt to solve
> the problem, but no success so far.
>
> The problem is this: Every once in a while, when I turn the key to
> start the car, all I will get is a click. The car will not turn
> over. HOWEVER, if I keep turning the key, eventually the car does
> start again, as if nothing at all was wrong.

If it were my car, the problem would be that the battery posts were so
corroded that the cables weren't drawing enough juice to start the car.

That reminds me... It's time to clean my connectors. I went to start CFrog
the other day, and all I got was a click. A couple of taps with a hammer on
the battery cable connectors created enough of a connection to start the
car, though, so I just threw the hammer in the trunk and went off to work.

dwight