Old August 18th 06, 06:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Casper

Default 1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

First off, thanks to Mike Romain and DougW for thier input and help
previously. It's been a while, so if you do not remember, that's cool.
Doug might remember putting up pictures I posted on his website of my
post-accident '93 GCL (red).

Here is the saga since my last post...

Would you believe I still DO NOT have my jeep back? Yep! It's been
over 9 months and my jeep is still not back in my drivveway and
working! Originally I posted in this group about some problems I had
starting the jeep where the "check engine" light was failing to light.
This was after the first trip to the body shop where they put on the
wrong rear hatch and parts!

Everytime the CE light failed, there was no voltage to the fuel pump
and no start. Everytime the CE light came on, the jeep started. So
what happend you ask? Well, some months later, along with 4 spark plug
changes (would you believe the master mechanics said the Bosch plugs
are cheap and foul easily?), a Crank Position Sensor, a wiring
harness, a coil and a computer later, it stil isn't running!

Right now, the jeep sometimes starts, but hard start. You can smell
gas when it doesn't start and it appears to be flooded. The spark
plugs are fouling in just a couple of miles of driving. If it does
start (and sometimes it will not), it might run ok, or bad right from
the start. Sometimes it runs ok for a short while, then gets rougher
and rougher until it stalls out. Occasionally, if it doesn't start
right off the first key turn, if you quickly press the gas pedal just
a hair, it will start (hard).

So the dealership it went to so it could be put on the MDS machine
says it's the CPS and somewhat low fuel pressure, but they don't tell
me the no longer use the MDS until after the diagnostics. WTF?

The original mechanic (who replaced the CPS and PCM) says he can't
figure it out, but the plugs foul (cheap Bosch!) and seems flooded.

Now I am not a genius, but my thinking here is if I brough my jeep to
you and it was running fine, and I got it back running bad or not
running at all, and not once, but twice and worse each time, does it
not make sense to look at what you REPLACED???

My thinking here is MAYBE the junk yard PCM you replaced my original
with is either bad or improperly programed. Maybe for a V8 or
different year? Or maybe it cannot communicate with a sensor??

So... I gotta know what you all think of this saga. Cause I have to
tell you, if it's not resolved soon or my vehicle replaced by the
insurance company (guy who rear-eneded me) soon, I may go postal!

Any HO's on the problem(s)? I miss my jeep!!!!

`Casper