Old February 5th 09, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim[_2_]

Default VW powered generator

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Georgia-...__W0QQ_armrsZ1
>> just as an example.
>>
>> Maybe the 8kw ST Generator-alternator head
>> That puts out 33 Amps at 240V.
>> or the 12KW for 50 Amps.
>>
>> Can be direct-coupled with a special coupling and bellhousing
>> adapter or even belt driven (1:1 ratio).
>>
>> Note that these are 4-pole alternators.
>> 2-pole cheapies are to be avoided as the engine needs to
>> run at 3600 RPm instead of leisurely 1800 RPm.
>>
>> VW engine will be loafing even with the 12KW load.
>>
>> Have a gander at these engines on Samba: "used to bail hay on
>> Pennsylvania Amish farms in the ‘70s & ‘80s"http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=700422
>>
>> LOL
>>
>> Speedy Jimhttp://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

> He's got some good stuff but I'm thinking I would definitly need an
> electrition to hook all that up. I can barely work a light switch.
>
> Rany

Then you should be looking at one of the package units
maybe like the Honda:
http://www.poweredgenerators.com/honda/EB11000.html

Now we're talking real money...

Have you got a piece of farm machinery you can do
a PTO from? That would shave the costs over a package.

Jim