Old April 30th 04, 10:20 PM
MarkK

"Emjay" > wrote in message
> Thanks for all the info - very much appreciated.
>
> I've checked the tyre size again - they are definately 195 / 65 R15
> Michelin Pilot Primacy
>
> Has the previous owner fitted wrong rubber?

No. It definitely says 195/60R15 in my manual (from a 1992 2.0TS), but I've
just checked some sales brochures for both pre- and post- facelift (1993)
models. All say 195/65R15 in the tech spec. I had a 2.0TS a few years ago,
and I've just checked my records - it had 195/65R15 tyres, so you're OK!
Sorry if I caused concern, but I blame the manual... I'm not sure you can
trust the pressures I gave either.

I got the manual I have from a stallholder at Spring Alfa Day a few years
ago. I bought it as a memento. It's possible that it was disposed of by the
importer due to misprints... who knows!

Mark