Old December 19th 11, 01:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
KirkM

Default 2.4 Headgasket failure

I have a 2000 Chrysler Cirrus with a 2.4L engine.

It only has 76,000 miles on it. Today, it started running rough. I
opened the hood, and the spark plug wire for Cyl #2 was completely
off. I started the engine, and the plug wire came off again, and moved
up and down with piston movement.

The plug, is still tight. I am guessing a headgasket failure may be
causing this. There is also a puddle of oil on the valve cover, around
the spark plug wires.

As this is a 2000, so it should have the MLS headgasket that was
phased in during 1999. Early 2.4's were prone to headgasket failure,
so this new design was introduced.

Any thought on this? Could it be something more involved than a
headgasket?

Thanks,

KM