Old October 18th 12, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default '07 Saturn Aura radiator fan continues to run

I own a '07 Saturn Aura XR that has 155K miles on it. A week ago it
started doing something strange. The issue I'm experiencing only
happens about 60% of the time. What I've noticed is this - after I
turn off the engine and remove the key, the radiator fan continues to
run for about 3 to 4 minutes. Sometimes, just before shutting off the
car, I'll notice that the temperature gauge is pointed higher then
usual. I'm worried that one of these times the fan will not shut off
and I'll come out to a dead battery. Luckily, this hasn't happened
yet. So far I've noticed that the fan will shut off a few minutes
after turning off the engine. And, like I said, it doesn't do this
every time I shut off the car. Does anyone have any suggestions as to
why the radiator fan continues to run even after turning the car off
and the key removed? Thanks so much for the input!!

>...Normal operation -- I'm surprised it only JUST started happening a week
>ago! I suspect you just didn't notice it before.
>...The fact that you noticed the temperature gauge being higher than normal
>is telling. I'd suggest you check the cooling system (or have it checked). I
>would guess that it's very likely the two conditions (hot temp and fan
>running) are related.
>...Good luck!

.... also - can hot tranny also affect coolent temp ?
Don't overlook that possibility ... time for a tranny service ?
John T.