Old July 16th 05, 02:01 PM
Mike Romain

"Daniel J. Stern" wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 wrote:
>
> > it's an 89 manual trans nonturbo 49 state with the white FI relay.

> Fix one: Jump fuse 4 to fuse 6
> Fix two: Jump relay 30 terminal to both 87 terminals
> Fix three: Remove relay cover and resolder broken solder joint therein

Daniel, I thought you of all people understood how a relay works.

You even have a write up on your website.....

I cannot see any situation where you would jump 'both' 87 pins to
power. This make absolutely no sense at all.

Pin 87 is a normally open pin until power is applied to the relay
trigger. Pin 87A is a normally closed pin with power all the time
'until' you activate the relay.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's