Old July 15th 05, 07:14 PM
Mike Romain

One of ours used to have water running down the antenna wire and drip
right into that relay which was upside down. One reason I got it so
cheap was it wouldn't run in the rain and no mechanic could figure it
out.

I also have had issues on several of them with the fuel pump fuse. The
heat takes the temper out of the fuse holder so it doesn't hold the fuse
tight. The test for that is to see if the fuse is physically hot. If
so, a good clean and bend of the contact is in order.

That said why not just replace the relay, they are something like ten
bucks. You also can pop off the cover to see if the contact points
inside are arced out.

A normal Bosch relay's pin out is pin 30 and 87 for the main power with
pin 85 and 86 as the trigger. My old 240's used this number system and
bosch relays.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's