Old July 15th 05, 07:29 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 wrote:

> OK.... it's an intermittent fault so the mechanic will NEVER find it. I
> of course suspect the main relay (replaced once, like 10 years ago).
> So... thought I'd wire in a switch across the terminals which I could
> use to bypass it when it is being uncooperative, and either prove or
> disprove the relay theory. And make the car run, if I am right. But I
> can't find my Volvo wiring manual. So... which terminals would be
> appropriate to bypass/jump?

Not enough info, not even close.

Volvo sold 240s from 1975 through 1993. During that time, they used
several different variants of Bosch K-Jetronic and several different
variants of Bosch LH-Jetronic. First, you need to tell us what year,
engine, transmission, emissions package and induction system
(turbo/nonturbo) you have. Second, you need to find your Volvo wiring
manual. Trying to diagnose an intermittent electrical problem on a 240
Volvo is hard enough WITH a manual...trying to do it without is a waste of
time.