Old June 18th 07, 04:18 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Private

Default 1965 Fuel Injection

"Bruce Bass" > wrote in message
news:_q2dnWjvg4UlDujbnZ2dnUVZ_qOpnZ2d@metrocastcab levision.com...
> I've just moved to N.E Pennsylvania, ( Berwick ) and am in need of someone
> who is familiar with 1965 Rochester Fuel Injection. I had the unit
> "rebuilt" by Jack Podell ($1500.00 ) about a year ago and just recently
> re-installed it on my car. It used to run just fine until the seals began
> to leak gas due to using 104 octane Sunoco racing fuel. ( Not a good idea
> according to Podell ). Now it seems to surge and /or buck when cruising at
> a steady speed or under moderate acceleration. It seems to run OK under
> hard acceleration. I've been using premium unleaded with Podell supplied
> lead additive/octane booster. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
> Thanks.
>
> P.S. Are there any Corvette Clubs in this neck of the woods ?
> Thanks again.

IMHE most fuel suspected drivability problems are caused by faulty ignition.
I suggest you use a good distributor testing machine to check the advance
curve and particularly for any sign of sticking or jumping advance weights
or vacuum advance. New distributor bearings may be required. This is not
an expensive or difficult system check and satisfies the rule of checking
the easy stuff first.

Good luck YMMV