Old July 2nd 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default nut case pedestrian?

On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 06:55:42 GMT, "Tim B" > was
understood to have stated the following:

>I'm driving, approaching mid - block on a four-lane street. A pedestrian,
>woman about 30, is on the sidewalk to my right, looking my direction. She
>starts jaywalking across the street, directly in my path - but, get this -
>she's now looking away from me, in the direction I'm going. I brake, then
>blow the horn a couple of times, but she just keeps on walking across, not
>quickly, and does not turn to look; just keeps looking away from me. Very
>weird.

I once saw a couple of women chatting between two diagonally parked
vehicles mid-block on a two lane street downtown. I considered the
possibility that the one closest to the road would step out into
traffic without bothering to look, so I prepped for the maneuver. Of
course, I knew she would do something stupid as I recognized her as
the VP of marketing for my employer.

Sure enough, she spun around and stepped into the street without
bothering to look for oncoming traffic. Had I not anticipated her
brilliance, she probably would have been a hood ornament. Not that it
would have been any loss; she is one of the most self-centered
egotists I've ever encountered, which is fairly sad considering she
seems to be fairly ignorant and bordering on incompetent from what I
can tell.

---

"Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law? Or is there one system for the average citizen and another for the high and mighty?" ~ Senator Ted Kennedy, 1973

--

El Pollo Loco (Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend) demonstrates it's complete gullibility, stupidity, and state of delusion when it falls for an April Fool's joke, hook, line, and sinker:

Ragnar wrote:
> Gods, you're dumb. Its a rather obvious April Fool's joke. And you're
> the Fool.

This is no joke.