Old December 25th 04, 04:12 PM
Ken Pisichko

Default Steel wheels needed for 2002 Dakota

Recently my son inherited an '02 Dakota with only 15K km from my late
uncle. Nice truck - my son especially likes the CD player ;-)

However, with 255/65R16 tires it is troublesome in winter snow. To deal
with this problem I will install winter only tires. My past experience
on the Canadian prairie with winter Michelin Alpin tires has been
excellent. they handle much better than all season (M+S) tires. One of
the tire stores recommended 225/75R15 tires to deal with the slippery
conditions and that particular aspect ratio and rim size to keep the
speedo and odometer as close to original spec as possible.

The rims are $65 each and they are probably generic 6 bolt pattern ones.
Thus I am on the look out for used rims from auto wreckers. They are not
easy to find for the Dakota bolt pattern.

Is this bolt pattern used on any other vehicle (15" rims) so I can
expand my search and get these winter tires installed. Waiting and
looking for Dakota 15" wheels is getting tiresome (no pun intended).

Ken
Winnipeg