Old March 23rd 13, 12:50 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

Default new 00

Congrats!

"ralphee" > wrote in message
have to brag.. So, had a 76, then a 93 vert, then a 96 lt4 coup, my
favorite, then a 03 for a month. dealer took it back. then a 00 for 5 years.
It was black and it was great.. but just never felt right. sold it last
year because it sat unused.. just like so many other vette owners say..

then of course I regretted it. and went to buy another vette. They went up
in price??

found an 04 that was kept outside. he wanted 22K for it. I almost bought
it. seats were dirty, roters rusty, and..... I dont know. I used to have a
magnaflow. and the 04 just seemed too quite. I went with the money and
told the guy I wanted to take one last road test.. the battery was dead..
when we drove, the tires did not hold correct and the roof creaked. I told
him it was just not for me. I actually gave him a money for his time.
The ride was so bad, I decided the car was not for me.

Then I stumbled on an 00 in merrick.. You can find it on cars.com. It had
34K, 4 more then the one I sold. and car fax showed an accident.

I went to see it and fell in love. It was magnetic red II. he had b&b
exhaust, short shift kit, which I felt was notchy, red corvette letters, red
corvette liscense frame, subwoofer in back, which I told the guy did not
matter beacuse I cant hear well, and other stuff. Seats were great..
better support then the one I had. paint was pretty close to perfect..
better then my 00. drove great.

The car fax showed a mileage discrepancy.. 31K one year. 134K the next
year and fixed a month later to 34K. This car has original tires, and
they are ... fair. I can tell you the mileage is accurate.

Anyway.. 2 days later I bought it .... today.
Here is what I found in an hour.
the good:
he gave me a receipt for the exhaust and the short shift with life time
warrenty. he gave me receipt for $1300 stereo.
receipt for : skip shift, mid america shift knob, carbon fiber duct, marker
lamps, tri flow exhaust, black out kit, steering wheel flag, cold air
induction screens, x pipeand quick sped shifter.
also the original window sticker

**** and the reciept from the accident showing repairs. all cosmetic and
paint. original gm parts.

Here is what I found in one day.
The notchy shifter became natural.
The car is fantastic.. very similar to my 00
The stereo is sick.. and I can not believe how great it sounds... It makes a
huge difference.

even though the car has 34K miles. .it seems like less and I cant wait for
the nice weather.
Tomorrow.. I have to clean my garage. I lost my shed in Sandy.. so we threw
everything in the garage. Looks like I will be getting a tarp.. becuase this
car is not staying outside.

and thats it. I am just glad to be back.

Hey check it out on cars.com while it is still there. the 00 in merrick
convertible.