Old January 31st 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default engine oil supplement? is it good to use?

hello everyone, todays question is "what do u think about using engine oil
treatments like red line, royal purple, lucas, is it good to use in motors
with 200k+ miles."? the reason i ask is because my 93 xj has that many miles
and i'm changing my oil from 5w-30 synthetic to 10w-30 synthetic and was
thinking about adding the stuff. my buddy told me that lucas was great stuff
to use because i have a loud ticking noise at start up in the morning or when
my xj has been sitting for a long time but when it warms up it goes away.
need some info please and thanks again if it wasn't for this site and the
help from you people out there my jeep would be sitting and getting rusty.