Old February 21st 08, 12:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Default 1990 Honda Accord Idle fluctuation

Paul Jr > wrote in
:

> Sorry, I didn't write that very clear. When I unplug the EACV that
> idle jumps up to about 2000 RPMs and stays there. I was trying to say
> that if I plug the EACV back in, the idle wouldn't calm down and
> fluctuate again until I restarted the car.
>
> So is it my EACV that is the problem or an air leak somewhere?

You should find a hole in the sidewall of the throttle body just before the
throttle plate. This will be the EACV air intake port. With the EACV
UNplugged and the idle high, is there suction at the EACV port? With the
EACV unplugged, there should be NO suction.

> My VIN is HGCB714

That doesn't seem like an accurate VIN extract. CB7 is the Accord with the
2.2L SOHC. The next two digits are supposed to describe trim level and
transmission, but my docs say "14" is invalid.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/