Old December 29th 05, 05:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Speeding teen kills self and friend - Described as an " incredibly outgoing, beautiful person"

On 28 Dec 2005 18:24:51 -0800, "far2go4" > wrote:

>First, carstalk.net is a webwide forum that connects into USENET and
>therefore, links can be easily stumbled upon by googling a name or
>using any search engine.

Fair enough.

BTW, if you are (or happen to know) the administrator of carstalk.net,
you might mention to that person that their USENET gateway needs some
work. It does not correctly translate between the conventions of the
web forum software that carstalk.net uses and the posting conventions
on USENET. The result is utter confusion, at least on this end.

If you get a chance and would mention this to the administrator of
carstalk.net, we'd certainly appreciate it.

>Second, Had you been raised properly you might consider that the person
>or persons you are replying to 'COULD" be the mother.

Let's see now: two incidents, two different "relatives," both coming
from the same source (the carstalk.net forum), both with the same M.O.
What are the odds that this REALLY IS the mother?

Here's another possibility: when every post (including yours) includes
the same deliberately provocative (yet unbelievably sanctimonious)
language, it's possible that all of these posters (on USENET we call
them "sockpuppets") are actually the same person behind the keyboard.
What are the odds of THAT, I wonder?

>Third, my reference to my experience with forums was to express my sympathies
>and understanding pertaining to troll postings and flamers. I've dealt with my share.

It all boils down to credibility. You know the old saying: "On the
Internet, nobody knows you're a dog." You can make up any name you
want and make a post. Then you can make up another name and make
another post. You can pretend to be two different people and have an
argument against yourself, or you can "stuff the ballot box," as it
were, and make multiple posts from multiple identities all in support
of another one of your identities. And there's no way for anyone else
to know for sure.

>However, it still would not give me the right to be so blatantly disrespectful
>to someone who 'claims' they have just suffered such a grievious loss.

You most certainly DO have that right. This is still America, and we
still have a Constitution (at least for the moment) that guarantees us
this right.

>And last but not least, Jackie, is truly Anastasia's mother

That point is not in dispute. It is stated right there in the
newspaper article.

>and had
>only read through the thread hoping to learn something about the
>cars performance, hoping to make some sense of what happened.

Here's everything she needs to know about that car's performance: it
was too much power in the hands of a young, inexperienced, and
unskilled driver. As is so common among people of that age, he
believed he was invincible, that it couldn't happen to him; he made at
least one poor judgement and wound up killing an innocent person.

Makes perfect sense to me.

>Here is a link to Anastasia's Obituary Guest Book.

And what does this prove? That a girl named Anastasia died in that car
crash? Nobody is disputing that. That her mother's name is Jackie, and
that she is suffering profound grief? Nobody doubts that, either. What
this doesn't prove is the key assertion: that the person posting as
"theprincessmother" from carstalk.net and claiming to be Anastasia's
mother actually IS Anastasia's mother. On that point I must remain a
skeptic.

>I hope, that at the very least, for no other reason
>at all, you might look closely at her mothers heartache and come back
>with an apology to her.

An apology for what? For saying that arrogant young punks with
testosterone for brains shouldn't be allowed to drive powerful
vehicles? I suspect the real mother would be in agreement with me on
that point. Should I apologize for saying that the Subaru WRX is not a
sports car? I'm sorry, but it's not - sports cars have two seats.

So what, precisely, should I be apologizing for?