Old December 25th 05, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default The perfect storm

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 02:48:55 -0600,
(Brent P) wrote:

>Here it comes, 100% tracking in the USA. A perfect storm of left wing and
>right wing issues turning into the tracking and taxing of every vehicle
>in the US of A.

http://news.com.com/E-tracking,+comi...3-5980979.html

Look at the bright side: Every vehicle would be able to report its
location and speed in real time. Imagine how accurate the freeway
congestion maps would be with that kind of data source!

>Just another reason to keep a pre-1982 vehicle.

Why 1982? My 2005 vehicle has no such device installed, nor is there
any way one could be installed would would "disable the vehicle" if I
were to disable or remove the tracking device.