Old July 20th 08, 01:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_45_]

Default Parts

John wrote:
> I thought only sad old buggers like me made their own gaskets
> anymore!

Nope. I'm another sad olde pharte who has no choice. I've got to rebuild
the Kadrons because some moron used some kind of goopy **** and there's
little balls of the crap in the passageways and it seeped in from where
a gasket alone would have worked. Plus the float in one is crushed.

Except for the bottom gaskets, which I already made, the rest are paper
thin. Not sure how to proceed. Neither are the NAPA guys. But I can
probably screw up a dozen times before the backorder is filled, so why
not try? Honest, I feel like I'm rebuilding an antique in Cuba.