Old July 15th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Project Magnet #1

Default Parts

Jerry - OHIO wrote:
> WOW I love this group !!
> I bought a trike that has a 68 1500 single port engine on it that has
> some ( bugs ) in it. I live in north east Ohio and need some gaskets and
> seals .
> Biggest problem is it wont idle unless the choke is kept on and the idle
> is real high,I think the gaskets on the intake at the heads are bad & I
> did find the nuts on the flanges loose.
> Do you guys have a good source for parts ?
> I bought a rebuilt carb at US AUTOMOTIVE auto parts but the kid at the
> counter couldn't find any listing for any other parts on his computer.

I've been buying most of my parts locally, but the shop I use does mail
order. I think they do more mail order than over the counter.

http://bughaus.com/

Great place to deal with, good prices, and good quality parts.

As far as the no idling, sounds like the idle jet may be plugged. Very
common if it sits any length of time.

Les