Old January 5th 12, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

Default Charger Adds 426 Cubes Of Muscle

On Jan 5, 11:57*am, Scammed Public > wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2:33*pm, " >
> wrote:
>
> > Only for off-road/racing use, but still pretty cool.

> >http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...ROIT/120109999

> > C'mon Dodge, lop off two doors, add a manual trans and you'd have a
> > very sweet package.

> it's a pity they can't get the crate motors to meet emission
> standards.

I agree. But I doubt that would/will stop some from plopping the 426
in a slightly used Charger/300 or Challenger R/T.

>Update the original, REAL Hemi with a modern ignition and
> computer system, you'd have a lot of buyers wanting for it as an
> option. But put it in the Challenger as a step above the 392 and below
> the V10 in the drag car.

I imagine by the time you updated the old Hemi to pass emissions,
you'd have the new Hemi. With the Viper coming back, maybe it's time
to certify the new 426 for entry-level Vipers and top-level
Challengers.

Patrick