Old August 30th 11, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Pat Dotson

Default FFB

I tried your 139/139/139/100 settings with various in-game FFB
strengths. The wheel (G25) was clipping constantly with anything but
an in-game setting of around 1 or 2.

If it's damping that you want, you can add that with the new slider
that iRacing added. That still doesn't change what clipping is, and
how you have to set all the parameters to avoid it. There can be no
doubt, especially with your earliest recommendation of using in-game
strength of 40, that your settings will clip FFB effects continually
in corners.

BTW, by setting your overall strength to 139%, what you are doing is
amplifying the smallest FFB signals. The result is less of the 'dead
zone' that people used to complain about with the G25's. Actually at
139%, you've gone far past accounting for the dead zone, and have
introduced instability into the feedback whenever the force direction
is reversed.

Also, my FOV is set to match my screen size and distance to my eyes so
that I get a perspective close to reality. If you look back through
iRacing forums and even here on RAS, you'll see that I was an early
proponent of this.