Old January 19th 05, 11:20 PM
Erik D.

I wish I would pull up to you at a light in my old 165,000 mile stock
'94 lightning. It's old, and it has its problems, but the only hemi
trucks that even come close have nitrous. I'm not saying anything bad
about the Hemi or dodge, just certain HEMI owners who think they are
king. Oh, and I've raced about 25 Hemi powered trucks at the track with
my old pile and i've only been beaten by one, and he had a 100 shot on
top of every other bolt-on imageinable and unbolted exhaust. He had a
regular cab, shortbed, 5 speed with the 3.92 axle. He ran a 14.6 at 94
compared to my 14.8 at 91. Basically, it took him 200 extra horses to
beat me by .2 seconds and 3 mph. Again, i'm not saying these trucks are
bad, they are just not built for drag racing or speed. The lightning on
the other hand, was made for speed(sure, its not that fast, but it runs
ok for a 4500 lb stock pickup with 165000 miles). The lightning also
works very well for towing and hauling as I have used mine to tow a race
car on a few occasions and use it all the time for hunting. Mine has
never had a valve cover off and the transmission is still going strong
as well. When your dodge is 11 years old with 165,000 miles we'll have
to line them up at the track.
Erik D.
'94 white lightning
'01 white mustang