Old April 28th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.antique

Default Harry Truman's 1953 Chrysler New Yorker

Thanks for all the replies, everybody. To follow up:

1. Yes, Harry's '53 Chrysler was Hemi-powered. According to what I've
been told (and I know almost nothing about cars), it had a 331 cu. in.
V-8 "firepower" engine (later known as a "Hemi").

2. Good suggestion about posting something to the Chrysler Club's on-
line forum. I will do that right away.

3. Harry's Chrysler is not at the Truman Library (I just returned from
there). It's not at the Henry Ford Museum either. As I said, I've been
told it's in the hands of a private collector.

You guys might be interested to know that Harry Truman was seriously
dedicated to Dodge and Chrysler products. According to the Truman
Library, every vehicle he owned from a 1917 Dodge Model 30 to a 1972
Chrysler Newport royal was either a Dodge or Chrysler.

Thanks again for the replies.