Old October 8th 05, 02:32 AM
pws

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> If I were interested in making my Miata faster, I'd jump on the
> Ubercharger in a second. But after a lot of thought, I decided I like it
> better the way it is now: using everything the car has to give, and only
> popping the hood to check the oil every month. So far, every turbo Miata
> driver who's tried to keep up with me in the Ozarks has made me stop
> every couple of miles so he could catch up. I think I'm going fast
> enough now. If I lived in Colorado, forced induction might have more
> appeal.
>
> FWIW, I bought FM Duals for their looks and sound, not for any claims of
> more power. De gustibus non disputandum est.
>
> ---
> Lanny Chambers
> '94C, St. Louis
> http://www.hummingbirds.net/alignment.html

Come on Lanny, admit it, you are just happy to have another chance to
brag about your tremendous driving skills. It must suck to never have
any competition like that. Is your ignition timing advanced? If so, why?
If anything, you should be taking the power down to make things more
challenging, sort of like increasing the difficulty level in a video
game. I would consider putting a stock 1.6 liter engine in your 1994
model, anything to give them at least a small chance of winning just
once. :-)

BTW, how often do you max out your car, and where are these stretches of
road where there is no other traffic, no wildlife, and no police speed
enforcement to worry about?

And you thought I was having a bad day..... ;-)

Pat