Old October 8th 05, 02:11 AM
pws

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> Sorry you're having a bad day, Pat. Feel free to take it out on me. At
> least you didn't call me anything worse than an idiot.
>
> Tomorrow, you'll realize that I meant spending *less* than the cost of a
> turbo on a Miata engine is wasteful, whereas spending the same amount on
> suspension offers good value. If a Miata owner is looking for useful
> power, $1000 worth of intake, headers, and exhaust is practically
> guaranteed to disappoint. The original questioner didn't seem ready to
> spend the $7000 or so required for a high-boost turbo, clutch, cooling
> system upgrade, and all the other stuff that makes a successful FM II
> installation. I was advising him not to make the same mistake so many of
> us did (while I could afford it, perhaps he cannot).
>
> If I were interested in making my Miata faster, I'd jump on the
> Ubercharger in a second. But after a lot of thought, I decided I like it
> better the way it is now: using everything the car has to give, and only
> popping the hood to check the oil every month. So far, every turbo Miata
> driver who's tried to keep up with me in the Ozarks has made me stop
> every couple of miles so he could catch up. I think I'm going fast
> enough now. If I lived in Colorado, forced induction might have more
> appeal.
>
> FWIW, I bought FM Duals for their looks and sound, not for any claims of
> more power. De gustibus non disputandum est.
>
> ---
> Lanny Chambers
> '94C, St. Louis
> http://www.hummingbirds.net/alignment.html

Tomorrow, I will probably continue to realize that part of what you said
to the OP,(I can only tell what you say, not what you mean, I am not
gifted in mind-reading), who wanted to add some power to his car, and
even mentioned that he was not looking to make it a racer, was, and I
quote, "If you wanted a drag racer, you should have bought a Mustang."

Telling someone who is looking to add a few hp to their Miata but is not
looking to race that they should have bought a Mustang if they wanted a
drag racer is something that I consider idiotic, I apologize if that
offends you.

Not that bad a day, just pointing out some facts.

Pat