Old January 31st 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Default 1988 Honda Accord won't idle when warmed up

Tony Harding > wrote in
:

> jim beam wrote:
>> Tony Harding wrote:

> <snip>

>>> Guess again, Detroit's cost to produce an entire V8 engine was $150
>>> in the late 60's/early 70's (I'm remembering this from an old Car &
>>> Driver article), so $500 just for the FI system is decidedly non
>>> trivial.

>> that might be a useful comparison if you used this century's money
>> values, not last.

> <ignoring the snark factor> Not too hard to adjust the dollars -
> suppose the $150 in 1970 dollars is $500 in 2008 dollars, it's still a
> very significant cost factor.

$150 1970 dollars is about $1,500 in today's money.

It has been estimated (forget where I read this; might have been Forbes)
that the cost of meeting the myriad regulations and mandates adds up to
many thousands of dollars per car.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ