Old October 14th 04, 10:44 PM
Sleepy Joe

> > > Speedy Jim
> > > http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

> > > That could tell if you have excessive voltage drop between battery
> > > and dash.

> > Voltage drop between the battery and the dash?
> > Do you think that wire has corrosion in it?
> > Would the voltage drop be less if I replace the wire that goes from
> > the battery to the dash?
> > That is a big white/red wire is it not?
> > If so, what gauge wire should I use to replace it?

> Yes, the big Red/Wh wire. But it should be plenty big as it is.
> And the wire itself doesn't "go bad", so I wouldn't run a new one.
> The terminal ends may get corroded or the push-on connectors
> get loose.
>
> On a '73 with Generator, that wire gets power from the terminal
> on the regulator. Have a look at those connections too.
>
> If you have another voltmeter, you can use it to measure the
> voltage at various places and see where the loss is occurring.
> Don't overlook the battery ground connections and the tranny
> ground strap, although bad connections there should cause
> starter problems too.
>
> Speedy Jim
> http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

The turn signal problem where the turn signal indicator light on the
speedo flashed really fast when the right turn signal was on or would
not flash at at with the brake pedal on, has been remedied by cleaning
the ground connection for the left tail light assembly.

This '73 Beetle has an aftermarket Bosch alternator kit add on.

Yes, I will check the connections where the 3 red/white wires are
spliced together and at the fuse box.

I can remember, a year or two ago, checking the voltage at the fuse
box and at the battery. There was a higher voltage reading at the
battery than at the fuse box.
Thanks Again!