Old March 1st 05, 08:14 PM
Wound Up

wrote:

>>>http://musclemustangfastfords.com/fe.../0503mm_shoot/
>>>
>>>Thought some of you might find this interesting. I think it's f'ing awesome!
>>>Boy what I'd do for a Sonic Blue '03 SVT Cobra =).

>>It was. And I'd love an '03 Cobra if I never had to pay for repairs. =)
>>
>>Here's a quote from the 2nd-place finisher, who slammed out a 10.79,
>>demostrating what those in the know think of Old Iron:
>>
>> "I'd like to put a C4, a live axle, and maybe a Kenne Bell or Whipple
>>on it and go nines," Jerry says.
>>
>>Nines, after swapping out the T56 and the IRS for a 40+ year old back
>>half. Well, whaddya know about that?

> You don't need much handling at the drags. Getting the power down and
> keeping it in one piece is what it's all about.

It was just interesting to me that after all these years, the old design
is still such a desirable combo. I wouldn't have thought that. Of
course, I've never built a drag car.

> Since mustangs usually drive on the street and actually DO make turns
> once in a while, IRS is the better choice for handling.
> (now, if they could come up with a GOOD IRS is another issue)

Right... and the street cars are of course better suited for road
racing, which has been discussed in another thread.

A good IRS for street or strip use? Both? What's wrong with it?

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65