Old October 10th 08, 12:22 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Default Anco wiper blades called a CR best buy

L Alpert > wrote:

>"dan" > wrote in message
.net...
>> Last I knew, Mobil makes the oil and ATF. Not sure about the rest.

>So it would seem that since Honda does not make these items, there is
>no true good reason to prefer Honda ATF or oil over another
>manufacturer if produced to the same standards.

The problem is verifying that they are produced to the same standards.
By purchasing Honda oil, you are basically paying extra for Honda's quality
control. Is this worth it? I don't think it is any longer, since the
API folks do a pretty good job of things. But for more exotic fluids it
might well be.
--scott