Old April 18th 21, 12:44 AM posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce

Default A story in one part, TRS, TRRS, AUX, Bluetooth, and hands-free phone calls in a 2005 car

On Sat, 17 Apr 2021 19:19:21 -0400, micky > wrote:

>It turns out if your car radio has a jack in the back to connect a CD
>changer or satellite receiver, you can, instead or even in addition to,
>connect a device to give you AUX and Bluetooth input, and hands-free
>phone calls. Assuming you have a cell phone.

Many OEM Toyota head units have that capability, for example. I added an
AUX input to a 2002 Highlander and a Tacoma pickup, not sure of the model
year of that one. It was all plug and play, other than drilling a hole on
the plastic of the lower dash to mount the AUX input plug. You could also
just let a cable hang down but I wanted a more finished look.

[snip]