Old August 26th 10, 11:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Default (UK. )Waiting delivery of new MX-5 Tech Sports (10 days I hope), Tyres??

"Chuck" > wrote in message
> As to the autobahns in the 70's--someone was always going faster than you
> were. There were at least two very high performance sports cars in the
> local area (Trier, Bitburg, Eifel area, etc. that commonly were well above
> 120mph when noticed on the autobahn. One was a Ferrari, and the other a
> German made mid engine car with no obvious makers mark. Of the two, the
> German car looked like speed incarnate, even when parked.
> It may have been a prototype, or a custom build, I never found out the
> details.

sounds like maybe a BMW M1, ever seen those bad boys? They never
'officially' came to the US but they were barnstorming Europe and I think
their looks could be described as 'speed incarnate' ;-) Google it and see
if it brings back those (high speed) memories!

Chris
99BBB