Old December 26th 04, 12:27 AM
Dan Koren

Standard A4 rims are 7.5"@16", 8"@17", and 8.5"@18".

> I would say 225's will go on a 16" rim, but its
> impossible to tell.

If the rims are 7.5" wide, the fit is marginal for
225 tyres, and the combination is definitely not
recommended. If you want 225/50 tyres, you should
put them on rims that are at least 8" wide.

> if the wheel is too narrow ie 6.5/7J what happens
> is the sidewall of tyre hangs over the edge of the
> rim a bit like a tyre which has sidewall protectors.

Bingo!

That would require the tyres to be overinflated
just to prevent them from galling off the rims.

dk