Old August 23rd 04, 04:55 AM
Petri Rehtonen

On 2004-08-23, Simon > wrote:
> Can you share any insights on APU, AEB, etc engines. What are the
> variations on the basic 1.8T engine. There seem to be about 7 or 8
> different codes for the A4 1.8T between 1995 and 2001.

The APU engine is listed to be similar (same part numbers) with engines
ADR/AEB/APT/ARG/ARK/ANB/AJL. There is however one thing to notice:
somewhere between 97-98 the construction has changed so that you might
have 152 tooth belt with old tensioner construction or 153 tooth
belt with newer (improved). In either cases, get the new 153 tooth
version with all the necesary rollers and tensioner (I think the old
version is not sold anymore). I had in my 1999 APU the 153 tooth version
from the factory.

--
Petri Rehtonen