Old April 29th 13, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
BobMCT

Default 2010 PT Cruiser - follow up

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 21:16:25 -0500, CopperTop
> wrote:

>Ditto, hate you're having such a problem. I have a 2001, one of the early
>one built in 2000 and I wish every car I've ever owned was as trouble free
>as this one's been. Other than scheduled maintenance items, the CO2 sensor
>failed several years ago. That was it.It was a daily driver until 2009 now
>it's an occasional car.

Hi Coppertop. Glad to see there are other oldies like me. I ordered
my PT the very first day Chrysler allowed the dealers to order
(02/14/2000). Mine was silver LTD, 5sp. I was able to obtain the
order number from the dealer network which allowed me to login to
Chrysler's dealer site and track the production. I knew the day it
went on the assemply line and when it came off. I knew which truck it
was loaded on and when it reached El Paso, TX. Then it was
transferred to a CSX rail car (car # provided) which allowed real time
tracking all the way to upstate NY where it was loaded onto an Allied
Carrier truck. I called the dealer and arranged for delivery that
evening (07/25/2000>

Other than regular maintenance items, the ONLY two items that failed
were a cracked water extension on the head and a broken timing belt.

I now have 98K on it and finally am just ordering a new set of wheels
and a 3rd set of Sumitomo tires. Oh, and the day I took delivery I
installed a set of Borla SS duals, an Air Raid Cold Air kit and the
Mopar powered sub-woofer.

Just wanted to share.