Old April 28th 13, 01:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

Default 2010 PT Cruiser - follow up

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 15:20:12 -0400, Steve Stone >
wrote:

>2010 PT Cruiser, 25000 miles
>
>The oil leak was a bad head gasket, repair under 5 year power train
>warranty at no cost to me.
>Wonder how long this repair will last?
>I thought is was kind of unusual for a low miles car to blow a head gasket.
>Repair receipt shows upper gasket set, antifreeze, and oil change.
>Also shows a bad O2 sensor and check engine light, which I never had a
>problem with.
>Bet the tech damaged the O2 sensor tearing down the engine.
>Not a problem for me, was covered under warranty.
>
>Was also told the front lower control arm bushings were shot.
>That repair was covered by extended warranty with $100 deductible, plus
>$99 for alignment. Not too painful.
>
>Receipt shows they replaced the entire control arm / lower ball joint
>assemblies, claiming bushings alone not available. A quick look on eBay
>shows plenty of lower control arm bushings available. Not a big deal for
>me either way, guess the complete unit is only item available in the
>dealer parts network or perhaps the extended warranty only covered the
>complete item and not bushings only? Who knows?

Sorry you've had these issues. I've got a 2009 with 37K that's been as
good as Gold so far. The few minor issues were quickly repaired under
warranty. When you are paying labor it's often about the same cost to
buy the whole part instead of just the bushing, part cost more but
labor is less, sort of a wash. $99 for alignment seems high though.