Old August 11th 12, 08:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent[_4_]

Default Death to ethanol!

On 2012-08-10, RichA > wrote:
> It is of no value. It has raised corn prices (and all the myriad
> foods associated with it) by 100% over 1.5 years. It scours engine
> components of their protective oil layer. It dries out seals. It
> should be abolished.
> P.S. Enviroqueers; Lead by example, STOP DRIVING.

The environment is the excuse. It has nothing to do with
environmentalists. It has to do with big business and the corn lobby.

Corn ethanol is stupid. Sugar cane ethanol works (energy &
economically). But here's the problem, can't make sugar cane ethanol in
the contintal USA because it doesn't grow here. It works nicely for
Brazil. Could work for Hawaii, but Hawaii being part of the USA is stuck
with US politics so they import corn ethanol instead of making their own
locally with sugar cane.

> BBC;
>
> 10 August 2012 Last updated at 09:26 ET
> US biofuel production should be suspended, UN says
>
> The United Nations (UN) food agency has called on the United States to
> suspend its production of biofuel ethanol.

> Under US law, 40% of the corn harvest must be used to make biofuel, a
> quota which the UN says could contribute to a food crisis around the
> world.

(sniP)

Same UN that wants to drive down our standard of living via the climate
change scam.