Old July 20th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_1_]

Default semi-OT: Hello again from Pennsylvania

"the Sam" > wrote in
oups.com:

> > Sam - how the hell are ya, bud? Still playin, I hope. Wonder where

>> Mike is...
>>
>> Good to hear from you again. BTW, the LX has 150k on it now and

still
>> runs like a top. Just got a brand new pair of headlights for $65
>> (both). More than twice as bright as the old foggies. Night driving

is
>> fun again.
>>
>> Joe
>> Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch wtih a few goodies
>> Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

> Hey Joe! Good to see you're here man. I'm still playing...more than
> ever actually, I play bass in a blues band with a couple of guys. When
> I signed on it had been years since I'd been on stage, I forgot what

an
> absolute rush it is. I just got a new toy this week too, after years

of
> not being a fan of Fender guitars I bought a Strat...and love it.

Awesome! I've had a Strat now for a couple years (a '97 Roadhouse with
TexMex pickups) and I really love mine as well.

> I got
> a J-bass when it was learned that I would be on stage and that started
> the gears turning. I hope you're still playing as well

Sort of. Nothing on stage, but I pick up the Strat every so often and
crank it up. Always a good rush.

> I've been lucky to avoid the foggy light plague so far. The only
> problem I have now is the AC blows kinda cool...not cold. I hate to
> tempt fate but the GT has been as reliable a car as I could hope for.
> (knocking furiously on wood)
>
> Take care man,
> Sam(uel)

Sounds like it's time to get the system checked out. Maybe a small leak
somewhere.. The LX's A/C died about a month ago, but it was only
because the clutch on the compressor locked up. Bearings were shot.
After installing a new clutch it worked like new again. Lucky I didn't
have to replace the whole damn thing...

If you ever need parts, check out Tim (Musttanguy). He's still a great
resource for parts IMO, and you can't beat his service. He's at
www.ponyperformance.com

Joe
Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC