Old July 19th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

Default Hello again from Pennsylvania

"the Sam" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>> Hey, Sam(uel)!
>>
>> I still have TFrog, have added a CFrog, and moved further west of Philly
>> Paradise (including a 2-car garage, thank you very much).
>>
>> TFrog is up at 196,600 and won't start at the moment - otherwise, still
>> great fun. CFrog is a sweet '93 GT convertible that I picked up when
>> Princess no longer drove the Princessmobile (g'bye, ya little 4-banger).
>>
>> Otherwise, I older, crankier, and have one foot in an "empty nest."
>>
>> dwight
>> www.tfrog93.com

> Hey dwight,
> I had a hunch you'd be here. Congrats on the move, I dream of a garage
> at night...and sometimes during the day too. Glad to see you have TFrog
> still, even if it is immobile at the moment. I checked out your page,
> the CFrog looks like a lot of fun, and your patch of the earth looks
> great too. I picked up a '93 wrangler for winter driving, and although
> technically a drop top, it's such a pain to take the hard top on and
> off that I don't do much topless cruising. I've been eyeing a 'vert GT
> for a while, but that would most certainly involve selling the GT at
> this point in my life and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that yet.
> Stay cranky, it suits you,
> Sam(uel)

Pssst... Of the many Fox convertibles I looked at, prices ranged from
$3,000 to almost $7,000 for mint. Obviously, the less you spend, the more
you'll spend - you know what I mean, but they can be picked up for a song
these days. Especially if the owner doesn't really know what he's got. If it
runs well, just throw on a new top for about $750 installed, and it'll look
fantastic. Or, as I constantly remind my wife, you'll NEED a spare set of
wheels when you drive a car that's pushin' 14 years now.

(Oh... and that patch o' Earth is why I'm not driving a 2006 GT convertible!
The new mortgage, even at last year's rates, is more than twice what we were
used to. Add to that all of the increased expenses that go along with a
nicer home, and it's a real eye-opener. Still, I'd rather live in Paradise
and be house-poor than be back in that little twin home we grew out of...)

dwight