Old November 4th 05, 05:26 AM
SoCalMike

Default 2001 Civic - Air conditioning, Suspension

K Lam wrote:
> I don't know whether this practice actually gave me this problem, but
> when I turn on the a/c, it started to give a mouldy/mewdewy smell. I
> don't think breathing this kinda air is very healthy anyway...

its pretty much normal, to some extent.

> So, my question is: is it easy to take apart the HVAC system (ducts,
> filters etc...) for a thorough cleaning? Is it a DIY job?

i dont think thats anything id want to try. if you want, you could try
spraying some lysol into the air intake near the hood/wipers while the
A/C is running *and* set so it takes in outside air, not recirculate.
itll make your car smell like lysol for a while, but should kill any germs.