Old September 5th 11, 07:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Mark Goodall

Default Radiator fan relay, 98 Grand Voyager 3.0 L, continued

It appears it's not the 'relay' this time. I replaced it ($58) and the fans wouldn't work, running the van up past normal temp. I should have known, because last time the check engine scan threw a code for it, and this time it didn't. As Daniel indicated, it's not a relay, so I don't think I can check it with a VOM. The fans run fine straight off the battery (although one fan has a bit of resistance when I turn it by hand)so I'm thinking about wiring them to the battery and fuse box so they only run with the key on. I think the fan wires are green & black, anyone know the polarity so they spin the right direction?
Mark Goodall