Old March 14th 07, 12:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Default 1997 Civic stalled while driving - Please help!

wrote in
oups.com:

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/start...tml#checkspark

> How could I see if it's the timing belt? Could it be that also?

Highly unlikely to be the timing belt. Does the engine sound like it's
cranking a lot faster than normal?

To check: Remove the oil filler cap. Watch the cam lobes while a helper
cranks. If the cam lobes move, the belt's likely fine. Oil will splatter,
so don't wear an evening gown while you do this.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/