Old September 5th 04, 12:55 AM
jameson

Default Just bought my first vette!!!!! Questions...

Hi all...
I have done something that is VERY unlike me...

For months I have been shopping for the vette of my dreams (okay, a C5
is the vette of my dreams, but I only had enough cash for a really
nice C4... anyway).

It is unlike me to up and sell my daily driver and have no plan as to
how I am going to get to work and back home each day... people know me
as a very coordinated person who plans each move of my life and when
it comes to spending over $100, I think it over and re-rethink it over
till I am blue in the face...

Well, I sold my daily driver, and then had to really start vette
looking hard.
I had seen one on EBay that was EVERYTHING i was looking for (6 speed
manual, red, coupe, painted top, etc). I blew it off because it was in
Chicago and I am in Alabama... I was looking for something semi-local.

Well, yesterday I was on ebay again and came across this baby. My
budget was $12,000. It had 4 hours to go, and was at $9,600. I gritted
my teeth and bid.

3 hours later, I was out bid, so I re-gritted my teeth and bid again.
I won... and was shaking for about 2 hours after that. Spoke with the
seller over the phone several times, has over 100 feedbacks, all
possitive...I feel good about the purchase.

So, 2 questions for you pros; It is a 1992, with 85,000 miles on it,
clean car fax. What sort of basic problems should I expect to run into
(Clutch was replaced a month ago. One owner car)

Question number 2; I am having it delivered. For about $450. My main
concern is this: If I pay the guy for the car and then have it
shipped, and something crazy happens like the truck flips and my
vetter is ruined, do these shipping companies have insurance to cover
stuff like that and I would get every dime back that I had paid for
the vette? Or is it Reciever Beware?

Thanks all! Looking forward to many years of being a vette owner!
James...