Old March 29th 19, 03:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Kevin Bottorff[_3_]

Default Why are torque wrenches eschewed by many mechanics

wrote in
:

> Techs who don't use a torque wrench are just grease monkeys. I hate
> techs who overtighten nuts and bolts. They supposedly have the right
> tools, and then don't use them properly. Use a torque wrench donkey.

there are a lot of places to use torque wrenches, every single fastner has
a torque setting. So some are necessary some not so much. Head gasket,
manditory, wheels a good idea. so a wide range of use or not use. what is
your particular beef? I don`t know a single mech that doesn`t use a torque
wrench some where. KB